Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seattle Flower & Garden Show (2/4/2010)

I volunteered at Seattle's Flower & Garden Show, inside the Convention Center, for Bats Northwest today. The turnout was awesome. I pretty much talked to visitor after visitor non-stop and really enjoyed their enthusiasm for the native bats here in Washington.

Below are a variety of photos I took all around the garden show. If this doesn't get you feeling eager for spring and the gardening season ... I don't know WHAT will!

Antiques play a large role in many of the gardening designs (as you will see the more you scroll down).
Can't you just hear the frogs croaking their melodies while looking at this next shot?
Bonzai trees ...
Metal art ...
Burch support poles . . .

Religious statues ...
More vintage decor . . .
A more Victorian-feel . . .
Garden statues serve as planters . . .

3 comments:

LearningLifelong said...

So many wonderful ideas for gardens! My boyfriend was talking about putting in a garden this year but I suspect it will be less elaborate and mostly vegetables. He loves cooking! One day I hope to have a place with a yard I can convert into a really nice garden! :-)

BonnieBehave said...

Ooh, I like your pics! Very cool. Smiley Buddha, especially!

SunTiger said...

Panademona ~ I hope you and your love do put in a garden. The Seattle show is definitely for Yuppies (a lot of fancy smancy stuff there at the show that's definitely not needed for self sustaining efforts). For my landscaping, I simply pull rocks out of the garden soil ... throw 'em in buckets and make real attractive rock walkways full of different colors out of them (since the soil here is FULL of rocks). My walkways looks super pretty when it rains! {Which is often around here.}

BonnieBehave ~ The Smiley Buddha makes me feel peaceful when I look at him. I'm glad you like him as well!