Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Nation Under Friggin' Cold Weather!

It's so cold outside right now. 15* F here in the greater Seattle area (breaking records) but it's eerily DRY so it doesn't feel quite THAT cold (not like a wet-cold). Even still, I've been worried about Dougs and my outdoor pets so I added a SECOND heat lamp to the enclosed chicken coup. All animals were fed a hot baked potato this morning and given hot tap water to drink this blistery cold day (as usual when it's more than chilly).

Watching the weather station this morning I realize other states are snow-bound, flooded, and suffering ice storms. I'm so thankful I'm not living THERE right now.

Here's a fun exchange I had on FaceBook this morning . . . {{Gotta love my FaceBook friends}}

SunTiger Xo I rock. I may not BE a rock, emotionally, but I rock just the same. I may not sing rock music. I may not be handsome as was Rock Hudson. I'm not nearly funny as is Chris Rock. But I can certainly sway back and forth (you know: ROCK, with my arms cradled around myself). LOL

10 hours ago · ·
Christine Harrelson
Christine Harrelson
Some people don't find Chris Rock very funny. So, you might be as or more, depending on the opinion :) Hey, are you as gay as Rock Hudson?
10 hours ago · Delete
Diane Heidt
Diane Heidt
You rock, my friend! I knew it all along! :-)
10 hours ago · Delete
Gail Bixler-Lafavers
Gail Bixler-Lafavers
You DO Rrrrrrrrrock!
9 hours ago · Delete
Sue Hericz Hagan
Sue Hericz Hagan
I think you ROCK!
2 hours ago · Delete
Lenn Waters
Lenn Waters
I think you rock too!!!
about an hour ago · Delete
Michelle Corbett
Michelle Corbett
Maybe you should put on "Jingle Bell Rock" and rock to it! Hope your day rocks!
59 minutes ago · Delete
SunTiger Xo
SunTiger Xo
Christine ~ I'ml 100% gay about my love life. :-D

Diane ~ Ahhhhh. Thank you!

Gail ~ Wow. Two of you said that now. THANKS!!!

Sue ~ You make THREE people who think I rock (seriously rocking now).

Lenn ~ OMG. Really? FOUR people on this planet think I rock. I really MUST rock!

Michelle ~ All these awesome comments? My day totally DOES rock. Thank you!

2 comments:

LearningLifelong said...

I bet the animals were quite grateful for hot baked potatoes! In the winter back home we used to have to put a heater in my dog's water so it wouldn't freeze solid. In the summer on really hot days I would add ice cubes to the water! There sure is a huge temperature gap between winter and summer both where I am living now and back home! Today my classmates and I were lamenting not living in Victoria where they have flowers in February! Haha I am glad I am here though; it really feels like the right place for me to be right now. Hope the days get warmer for you there in Seattle!

SunTiger said...

Panademona . . . what sort of heater did you use for your dog's water? A fish-tank heater? {That's curious. I just keep breaking the ice out in my rabbit's dishes and hauling hot water out to him to replace it.

I will have flowers in February too (Crocuses come up about that time so I strategically planted them EVERYWHERE around my gardens and out near the mailbox. After them the daffodils bloom. To me, the crocuses bring the first and most blessed promise of SPRING, just as does Doug's & my Forsythia bush (which blooms a vibrant yellow - like the sun). February is when those of us in Western Washington are really suffering from cold and feeling as though the misery of winter will last forever -- the winter flowers bring us so much hope by promising the gray chill will soon turn sunny and bright again.)